Wednesday, March 02, 2005

some thoughts pondered during lunchtime

I watched "Shall we dance" by Richard Gere and J-Lo just a week ago. Or maybe two weeks ago. I honesty can't recall. I remember it was a Sunday. Good movie, I was entertained. It was fun seeing how Richard Gere learned how to dance and all throughout the movie I just kept on cheering for him albeit silently. However, that’s not why I mentioned the movie. Some movies you remember not for their stories but for a single line that was said. These lines have a way of sticking to your memory because they remind you of something

I remember Susan Sarandon's character explaining why people got married. She said that we need a witness to our lives. That got me into one of my somber thinking modes. Yup, a witness. How true. I definitely know there's more to marriage than that but that aspect of what marriage could be thoroughly intrigued me.

Now I'm intrigued. I'm not intrigued about marriage, I'm intrigued about the witness thing. I realize that people want to share their lives with other people. Nobody climbs a mountain and then tell no one about it. That's why we call people on the phone for no reason at all other than to say hi. That's why we take pictures and keep photo albums. That's why basketball players shoot three point shots. That's why singers practice singing. That's why artists paint. That's why I'm writing this blog.

In the movie "Gladiator" Maximus said "What we do in life echoes in eternity". Take that phrase as you wish, but for me as a Christian it meant the eternal life I gained when I accepted Christ as Lord and Savior and now in this blog it resonates with a different sense still. It means that somehow for a certain beat of time an aspect of the life that we want to share with others will echo for a piece of eternity.

I want to remember my life. I have memories that have made me happy during both my ups and downs. Some memories, I will never forget. Some memories, while forgotten, have turned to feelings, while some are, sadly, lost forever. This blog serves as a repository of sorts for some random things that I care to remember. I wish I could write down everything that I care to remember but some things were only meant to be lived and only some could be written down.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger princess joan said...

hello kim! ^_^ this is the first time i visited your blog. you write excellently! keep it up bro! God bless! Ü

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger GEREL said...

hello kim! just visited ur blog...huo no? daw igo gd ko sa "...we take pictures..." hehehe...nice one. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home